Become a Better Instructor Through Data Analysis
Kennesaw State University faculty are excellent researchers and instructors. Now, with the use of a new tool, KSU faculty are using their research skills to become more effective instructors and ultimately, learning scientists. In partnership with Microsoft, KSU built uHoo Analytics, a D2L learning analytics tool that helps faculty prioritize their attention by:
- Identifying students in need of additional support or tutoring
- Providing visualizations that reveal common student challenges
- Revealing opportunities for revision of course content, activities, and assessments
uHoo Analytics is a key tool in helping faculty support student success and offering personalized student support.
Benefits of Using uHoo Analytics
How does uHoo Support Student Success?
- Improve your data-informed decision-making.
- Customize learning experiences to meet students' needs.
- Collect real-time feedback on student learning and instructional strategies.
- Facilitate communications and engagement with students.
- Create opportunities for early intervention and support.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexibility and Freedom: Make D2L work for you to free up your time for other KSU and college demands.
- Supporting Evidence: Generate evidence in the categories of Professional Service and Teaching, Supervising, and Mentoring for your ARD and P&T narratives.
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL): Explore how learning analytics may be used to support SoTL. contact Dr. Hillary Steiner, Associate Director for SoTL at CETL, for an individual consultation or workshop opportunity.
uHoo Analytics at KSU
Amazing teachers (like you) think like researchers!
If you teach a course in any format (online, hybrid, or in-person), sign up to use uHoo Analytics to easily and effectively collect and analyze data and start your research into student success.
The uHoo Analytics team is seeking highly skilled D2L instructors (online, hybrid, or face-to-face) from across the Kennesaw and Marietta campuses who are teaching in Spring 2024.uHoo Analytics Interest Form
As a participant, you will receive:
- Monday Measures Email: This email will contain a summary of course and student data collected from D2L, as well as alerts for any underperforming students.
- uHoo Analytics Dashboard: Links in the Monday Measures email will lead to the uHoo Analytics Dashboard, which will provide insight regarding questions on quizzes and assignments that students struggled with the previous week. If you use D2L to record attendance, this data will also be available. These dashboards will give you a closer look at data for individual students, assessments, and the course in general.