Where Do I Start?
Below you will find a variety of actions that can be completed using Curriculog proposals. Indicate what you would like to do, and you will find helpful links and resources to assist in the process.
I would like to:
Approve a proposal in Curriculog
Do something with a course, but I’m not sure which proposal form to use?
- Consult the Decision Tree: What Course Proposal Form Do I Need to Submit?
Do something with a program, but I’m not sure which proposal form to use?
- Consult the Decision Tree: Choosing a Proposal Form
Create a new course
- Consult the New Course Proposal Checklist
- Decision Tree: Will My New Course Proposal Need to be Accompanied by a Program Change Proposal?
Change an existing course
- Consult the Changing a Course Checklist
- Consult the Decision Tree: Should I Contact Others Regarding my Course?
- Consult the Decision Tree: Will My Course Change Proposal Need to be Accompanied by a Program Change Proposal?
Make the same change to several courses
Add a course to my program
- Consult the Undergraduate Program Checklist if it is an undergraduate program
- Consult the Graduate Program Checklist if it is a graduate program
- Consult the Decision Tree: Will My New Course Proposal Need to be Accompanied by a Program Change Proposal?
See if my program change is eligible for the expedited process?
Minor changes to courses can be eligible for an Expedited Review Process if the changes meet the following criteria:
- Changes to a course title. This is allowed only for minor changes only that do not impact the course description or course content.
- A change in a prefix. This is only allowed for prefixes already used within a college or the creation of a prefix when new dept/units are being merged within a college.
- Change to a course number. This change can only occur when a course number is being changed within the same 1000 level number band.
- A change to the course grading structure.
- A change in the course description. This is for minor changes only. These changes can be editorial changes such as rewriting for clarity; tightening course language without altering course content; or cleaning up “missed language” from the most recent UPCC/GPCC approval. Also included may be removing “dated language” or “specific topics” that do not significantly alter the course.
If other program changes are occurring, then all course changes need to go with the program changes as a full package and proceed through the full curriculum review process. New courses, General Education courses, or a course change that impacts any program outside the college are not eligible for this process.
Change my program
Change the Related Studies or Electives section of my program
- Consult the Decision Tree: Do I Need a Program Change because of Related Studies or Elective Change?
- Consult the Decision Tree: Should I Contact Others Regarding my Program Change?
Create a Certificate
Create a new minor
- Consult the Creating a New Minor Checklist
Discontinue a Course
- Consult the Course Discontinuation Checklist
Create a New Program
The Dean will work with the Provost and President to identify new programs that fit the strategic direction of the institution. These programs will be provided the USG new program forms by the AVP of Curriculum.
Deactivate or Terminate a Program