Student Syllabus Resources
The information below constitutes KSU student resources and may be referenced by faculty members in their course syllabi. These policies are updated on this site annually.
Note to Faculty and Students: The Office of the Provost will work to keep the information and links in this page as accurate as possible.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and Support
Getting Technical Help
For issues with technical difficulties, please contact the Student Helpdesk:
New Students Technology Services- Steps that will help you meet the technological requirements of the University.
Any request for make-ups due to technical issues MUST be accompanied by the ticket number received from UITS when the problem was reported to them. The ticket number will document the time and date of the problem. You MUST e-mail your instructor within 24 hours of the technical difficulty if you wish to request a make-up.
Additional Technology Resources
- Student Service Desk and Help Center
- 1:1 Training Session
- Computer Labs
- Browser Checker
- My KSU site for accessing online tools
- USG Desire2Learn Help Center
- D2L Training Options & Resources for Students
- Owltrain Online Courses
- Check Service Outages
Student Support and Wellness Resources
- Health Promotion & Wellness
- Department of Career Planning & Development
- Campus Awareness, Resource & Empowerment (CARE)
- Counseling and Psychological Services KSU offers counseling services on-campus that are available to you at no cost. All counseling services provided are confidential and in no way connected to your academic record.
- Women's Resource Center
- Student Health Clinic
- Military and Veteran Services
- Academic Tutoring Services
- Disability Resources
- Diversity Resources - Division of Diverse and Inclusive Excellence
- Supplemental Instruction
- The Writing Center
- Virtual Smart Center
- Academic Advising
- University LIbrary Services
Grade Appeals and Student Complaints
KSU desires to resolve student grievances, complaints and concerns in an expeditious, fair and amicable manner. The complaints and concerns webpage was developed to assist current and prospective students in submitting complaints and appeals, and to direct them to the most effective venue for accurate information and resolution. The resources on the page will direct students to the specific venue to appropriately address the related student complaint.
Complaints for online students are resolved following the same general procedures for students who attend classes on campus. However, for any process that requires a student appear in person, the university may make other arrangements. For processes that cannot be completed via telephone, email, or written correspondence, the university may set up a two-way video-conference site in place of a meeting on the KSU campus.